The Licensed Psychologists at Psychology Specialists of Oklahoma
specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluations.
Psychological evaluations objectively gain a better understanding of a person and their level of functioning in different areas including cognitive and intellectual abilities, thought process, behavior, mood, and personality. Psychological testing is not one single test, but a series of scientifically developed tests and procedures that assess various aspects of a person’s psychological functioning. Neuropsychological testing assesses more in-depth areas of cognitive functioning and memory. The goals are a better understanding a person’s strengths and weaknesses, identify potential problems, diagnose, and make recommendations for treatment/remediation.
Evaluation for psychological disorders, including:
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Anxiety Related Disorders
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Oppositional Defiant / Conduct Disorders
Neurocognitive Disorders / Dementia / Alzheimer's
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
child, adolescent, adult,
and geriatric populations
Our Evaluation Process
1. Schedule with our office, or if your physician made a referral to us, we will contact you.
2. Complete paperwork that we send you. We will verify insurance benefits, and provide an estimate of any expected out of pocket expenses.
3. You will see one of our Licensed Psychologists for an intake appointment to gather history, observe, and better understand concerns. Some intake appointments can be virtual. Following this appointment, you will be scheduled for testing.
4. On the appointment for testing, you will complete a number of different psychological tests with one of our (licensing board approved) psychological technicians or post-doctoral fellows. The time for testing depends on age (younger children typically take less time), but can range from 2 to 5 hours. Following this appointment, you will be scheduled for a "feedback" appointment which is an explanation of all the evaluation results.
5. At your third appointment, your psychologist explains all the testing results, reviews the psychological evaluation report with you, answers any questions you may have, and provides a plan and resources for treatment.